The Fiction Writers Group meets on the third Sunday of each month from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. Four fiction submissions, either a short story, personal essay or a chapter from a manuscript, are received in advance for critiquing by the group and during the meeting each member is asked to give feedback. The objective is to point out areas where the author has achieved his or her goal and other areas were improvements are needed with suggestions. Call at 905-327-1512 for more information. Please refer to our News And Events page for further details about location, dates and times.
The Memoir Writers Group discusses the art of memoir writing and welcomes writers to share their memoir projects. Members help one another to identify strengths and areas for improvement in their manuscripts. Please note that Memoir Writers Group meetings take place on the first Wednesday of each month 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the St. Catharines Library (meet at the Information Desk of the Library). Call Al Thomson at 905-684-6339 for more information. Please refer to our News And Events page for further details about location, dates and times.
The Poetry Writers Group gathers monthly to share each other’s poetry and discuss current market trends. Poets bring several copies of their poetry for the group to critique. In many cases, our members have gone on to be published, to develop book projects with one another, or submit their work to The Banister - our ongoing poetry anthology contest. Call Anne Osborne at 905-735-0843 for more information. for more information. Please refer to our News And Events page for further details about location, dates and times.
- Regular writing workshops
- Speakers from the writing industry
- Reading and critiquing sessions
- Writing groups specializing in Fiction, Poetry, Novels & Memoirs
- Our writer-in-residence program
- Annual fiction & poetry competitions and anthologies
- Student membership rates
- Discounts on all-day writing workshops
- Discounts on The Canadian Writer’s Guide
- Subscriptions to our local and national newsletters
- Links with writers coast to coast
- A friendly, supportive atmosphere!